Whites DFx / XLT GHOST LINES ?

If you mean that there is lines on the screen that are blank or black, it sometimes means that the display is going out. Sometimes it's because the connection to the battery isn't as good as it should be. The detector will turn on but you'll get vertical lines and they can sometimes be cleared up by cleaning the contacts on the battery and inside the box. Try rubbing a pencil eraser on the contacts to clean them up some. I've done this and had the lines disappear.

Thank you it is a white line running from the top to the bottom of the screen… But i will do will try out what you told me ...

Yes i thought it might be something like that...

Give White's a call. They are generally cheaper than you think and can be replaced relatively easily yourself if not under warranty.

Give White's a call. They are generally cheaper than you think and can be replaced relatively easily yourself if not under warranty.
Well i did not buy it but another will turn up..

I bought a DFX the other day...when I picked it up it worked real well..got it home played around with it in my test garden and it worked fine...a few days later took it out to the park and it had lines on one side and it was faded...it wouldn't run thou the startup, tried to G B and it went to battery check...got it home, turned it back on and it worked ok...I think its got some Bugs...so I sent it back to whites to have them go thou it...they said it shouldn't be more than $200 to replace the LCD and fix anything else that needed it....so a refurbished machine for that is pretty good...I paid $100 for it in the first place.....sometimes good deals are not so good.....

I bought a DFX the other day...when I picked it up it worked real well..got it home played around with it in my test garden and it worked fine...a few days later took it out to the park and it had lines on one side and it was faded...it wouldn't run thou the startup, tried to G B and it went to battery check...got it home, turned it back on and it worked ok...I think its got some Bugs...so I sent it back to whites to have them go thou it...they said it shouldn't be more than $200 to replace the LCD and fix anything else that needed it....so a refurbished machine for that is pretty good...I paid $100 for it in the first place.....sometimes good deals are not so good.....
Yes but you still made out if you would have paid the going price for most XLT & DFX used it would have cost you $500.00 give or take and then the $200.00 on top of that ..so you made out ……………..But $200.00 for the repairs that is a good price i think White's are doing good at keeping repair cost down………… ……. .

Attachments

• DSCN0711.JPG
    DSCN0711.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Yes but you still made out if you would have paid the going price for most XLT & DFX used it would have cost you $500.00 give or take and then the $200.00 on top of that ..so you made out ……………..But $200.00 for the repairs that is a good price i think White's are doing good at keeping repair cost down………… ……. .

When I called Whites to get to get info on the DFX that I recently bought, they were very helpful and told me that they service what they build all the way back to the 1960s. $200 for a repair/overhaul is very good. I read on one of the forums about a guy that bought an older Minelab Xterra 50 at a really good price. The display started dropping segments and finally got so bad that the owner called Minelab to get a rough estimate on the repair. If I remember correctly, he stated that Minelab told him it would be at least $350 + the shipping:icon_scratch:. That really trumped the initial "good deal" on the purchase. Unless he really likes the Xterra 50, at that point, he could add a few $$$ and get a new 505.
So as you can see, only having $300 invested in a basically new DFX is an awesome deal. That machine is definitely worth quite a bit more than $300.

When I called Whites to get to get info on the DFX that I recently bought, they were very helpful and told me that they service what they build all the way back to the 1960s. $200 for a repair/overhaul is very good. I read on one of the forums about a guy that bought an older Minelab Xterra 50 at a really good price. The display started dropping segments and finally got so bad that the owner called Minelab to get a rough estimate on the repair. If I remember correctly, he stated that Minelab told him it would be at least $350 + the shipping:icon_scratch:. That really trumped the initial "good deal" on the purchase. Unless he really likes the Xterra 50, at that point, he could add a few $$$ and get a new 505.
So as you can see, only having $300 invested in a basically new DFX is an awesome deal. That machine is definitely worth quite a bit more than $300.
Yes you get a used detector… You don't want to pay to much .. For if it needs repair the cost of repair could run you over…. The price you would pay for a new one….. But you made out ….

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back