White Tank Mountians

Nov 27, 2007
Valley of the Sun
Does anyone know of any stories or treasure legends for this area, or ever found anything of interest? I found some old narrow mine shafts tucked away up there, at first I though they were Spanish mines but they appeared to be fairly modern. So I did some research and it turns out the only documented mining in that area was done in the 1950's by a company called "Lucky Lode". It doesnt look like they were mining anything of interest either:

http://www.mindat.org/loc-107013.html

Anyway; that was all I could find, even after extensive google searches I could not find any history, or one single story that related to gold, silver, lost or stolen treasure, or anything like that. Does that mean there isn't any? ??? if so I may have found the one place in AZ with no legends! :tongue3:

It's been a while since I've been there but back off of Goat Camp trail on the way to the springs there are rock walls/corrals. I'm not sure of the origin, but I beleive that the Spanish built similar enclosures in the area.

Also, there's rumors of a still locate at the spring that was used during the Prohitition time period...

That's all I got. :-\

I think ive seen the still, is it the thing that looks like a water tank right off of waterfall canyon? I always wondered what that was and why it was in the middle of nowhere, it has about 100 bullet holes in it though! Ive also seen the remains of a 1930's ford coupe wrecked on the side of a hill. That was full of bullet holes too...im beginning to wonder if theres anything the shooters havn't hit up there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back