White Gold V Yellow Gold & VDi

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
White Gold V Yellow Gold & VDi

OK , I was out the other day & found my first white 14K gold ring. I was using the MXT with a 4x6 dd coil and the ring signal showed a VDU of 8. I almost did not dig it because of the VDU but there was something about the sound so I dug it out from about two". I have found other rings of about the same size & weight but they have been yellow gold & all have came in at VDU of 20.
Has anyone else found a difference between the two white & yellow. I thought there would be a little but that much.

Re: White Gold V Yellow Gold & VDi

Doesn't matter what color it is as it goes by what other metals are alloyed with the gold and in what ratio (Karet) Some of the highest value rings with the big rocks read in the foil range.

I knew that there was a difference with metal content but I have several 14k rings all about the same size & the white is the only one that reads below 10 vdi.

I do not know anything about vdi valus as I use the prism series 2 & 4 and sand man is right the best ring I ever found came up in foil and flashed in 50c range it was white gold and had about 1.5 karet star saphire It was my deepest ring to date and also the best ring find of mine. If in doubt dig it out. :coffee2: rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back