Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Forum,

I went back out to the woods for a hunt. I found many lead bullets, brass casings, shotgun shell headstamps, and then I found this thing that said Mossberg on it. At first, my mind went to a game call or a choke tube for a gun barrel. When I got home and cleaned it up, I noticed it said Mossberg Tool. I then realized it is a whistle from the late 1800's. I am working on trying to make it work now! Thanks for looking! IMG_1603.jpgIMG_0515.JPGIMG_0516.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 24
Thats one heck of a find. Let us know if you get it working.Congrats :icon_thumright:

Great find! Always nice to pull a nice old relic like that when the silver is hiding...cleaned up nice, congrats Ddf.

That is awesome! Very cool find!

Good find.

But there are working internal parts to make the noise.

pat-1895-mossberg-wrench-develine_1_d08f089bef0f64f6764f02f21f26226d.jpg

Ahh Sooo! it's like a penny whistle, actually a miniature siren. Verrrrry Verrry nice, and great condition too. Congrats and great presentation!

Thought i was cool when i found a boy scout whistle that takes the cake congrats

Thanks everyone for looking. I really want this thing to work again. I'm studying dent removal methods, and I'm even considering taking it apart if necessary. Please let me know if anyone has done this type of work, or can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Very interesting find! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back