Which should I buy?

It is an open ended question and you open your self to many varied responses. I know those who like Fisher and those that don't. But that can be said about most brands. I like Garrett. But I realize there are many good machines out there. Shortly you will receive replies from dealers who will tell you to contact them for a good deal. You just have to go with your instincts. I wish you luck with your purchase and great luck with the hobby. I hope your first find is pure gold.

Hi! I am looking to buy a new metal detector, and I really like the looks of the Fisher F2. Any users of that one on here? My price range is $225 or less. I am mainly into coin shooting, relic hunting, etc. Thanks!!!

I have. an Ace 250..pd 212 for it then bought a Garrett pro pointer and coil cover..make sure you check with several dealers and go with the one that throws in some GOOD free stuff..

The F2 and Ace 250 are in your price range. Differences - F2 has target ID numbers, Ace 250 has preprogrammed search modes( coin /Relic /Jewelry/ all metal).

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Fisher F-2. HH

With that question what ones will tell you is what detector they like and to buy that one......... I could tell you what i like ....Then you buy it and hate it........You have to go to a dealer and check some out..... No one can make up your mind........... You have to be the one to pick out what you like not what we like.............. You see ones on here changing detectors every time they turn around...... They buy one then see some one on here that found a dime at 8 inches with there detector ..... So they try to sell theres to get that one that got a dime at 8 inches.......And the detector they have will get 8 inches on a dime.....They are never happy with there detector,,,,,,, Then there are the ones on here that if they don't have the highest price detector they are not happy ........ The bottom line is for you to make your own mind up what you want not buy what we want you to,,,................ All the name brand detectors get about the same depth no matter what bull you read on these forums and they all do what they were made to do....FIND METAL...

Do a little research and check out a Tesoro Compadre or Silver uMax, both are in your price range. Best to find a dealer and get some in your hands to find what suits you best. I have no dealer near me so I don't have that option.

the f2 is faster and lighter with a better balance.
The ace is built tough.
they are both good units.

What is the reason for not bundleing? I have been offered free stuff with a purchase.

One reason is to get a cheaper price on the MD...If you don't care about that part and really want the extras ie coil covers, diggers etc then no problem.
Maybe others have more thoughts on this as well.

If you order extras, make sure that the dealer sends the extra stuff separately so as to ensure that you get the tecter in an unopened factory sealed box. While you are at it, just to make sure, no matter what, ask the tecter dealer to guarantee that the unit will be shipped in an unopened factory sealed box. Now if you have to spend say ten bucks extra for shipping the extra stuff, it will be worth every nickel just for the sheer satisfaction of getting the rather expensive tecter in an unopened factory sealed box.

One reason is to get a cheaper price on the MD...If you don't care about that part and really want the extras ie coil covers, diggers etc then no problem.
Maybe others have more thoughts on this as well.
Well, alot of dealers have offered to throw in free stuff, so it will not affect the price....

If you order extras, make sure that the dealer sends the extra stuff separately so as to ensure that you get the tecter in an unopened factory sealed box. While you are at it, just to make sure, no matter what, ask the tecter dealer to guarantee that the unit will be shipped in an unopened factory sealed box. Now if you have to spend say ten bucks extra for shipping the extra stuff, it will be worth every nickel just for the sheer satisfaction of getting the rather expensive tecter in an unopened factory sealed box.
Thanks for the tip!

Well, alot of dealers have offered to throw in free stuff, so it will not affect the price....

Not always true..a place in San Jose CA I found gives a GREAT DEAL if you don't want extras and it is much cheaper...Sadly. I found them after I bought my md..but will purchase everything from them in the future

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back