Which one of these headphones to choose?

Ignas

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hunters I have a question for you all. Could you help me decide which one of these headphones I should buy for my Minelab X-Terra 705. In my mind I have these two: Sennheiser HD 201 or AKG K511.
These are the specs for them:

Sennheiser HD 201

Headphone frequency: 21 Hz (min) - 18 KHz (max)
Impedance: 24 ohms
Headphone sensitivity: 108 dB
Total harmonic distortion: 0.7%

AKG K511

Headphone frequency: 18Hz - 20 KHz
Headphone sensitivity: 113 dB
Impedance: 32 Ω

I like the Sennheiser more than AKG because it cancels the outside noise better, however I still do not know which to buy. Also I know that these aren't the best nor the perfect headphones for metal detectoring but I have a pretty small bugdet.. So could someone help me to choose which one to buy? ??? Thanks in forward! :thumbsup:

You don't need to be concerned about the top end frequency as detectors don't sound off anywhere near that. I've read repeatedly that the higher impedance is a plus so that and the sensitivity figure above would seem to favor the AKG. If possible, try each and see which one YOU feel is the most comfortable and which one sounds best to YOU.
luvsdux

You do what's good for you, but I have bought a great pair at Radio Shack. Saved a lot of money...:)

That's the problem I cannot try them because I'm ordering them from an internet shop... If I could I wouldn't ask you guys... It's either the Sennheiser's or the AKG's, the price is practically the same because they are both on the big summer's sale.

Great sound on the Xterra. I'm sure any headphones you choose will work fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back