Which one is the best

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Iā€™m trying to decide which one of these are going to be my year maker. In hand are probably the best 3. From left to right.
Bakers Creek, chert
Savannah River, salt and pepper quartzite
Elora a glossy black chert.
All creek finds for 2023.
Until a good rain comes Iā€™m probably done due to the leaves falling. The little frame Iā€™m giving to the owner.

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpeg
    IMG_1830.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1831.jpeg
    IMG_1831.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 7
I like that quartzite point. It's whole and pretty fine for field grade. I have very few quartzite finds. Not really sure if i have any whole points made of it. I do have a grinding stone made of quartzite. The NAs used it, but it was a difficult material.

There was a guy on here that went by Quartzite Kieth. He was a modern napper and had a lot of knowledge.

Last edited:
I like that quartzite point. It's whole and pretty fine for field grade. I have very few quartzite finds. Not really sure if i have any whole points made of it. I do have a grinding stone made of quartzite. The NAs used it, but it was a difficult material.

There was a guy on here that went by Quartzite Kieth. He was a modern napper and had a lot of knowledge.
True. Itā€™s very water worn has a ear on one side other side itā€™s been sharpened off. Thatā€™s why I went with SR on it. We have stage 1 and stage 2 types here. Itā€™s the first whole one Iā€™ve ever found of the large style and made from the salt and pepper quartzite. NC Rocks would know also if he was here. Most of those guys are on FB now.

I found 75% of these artifacts on one gravel bar just so you know šŸ˜ƒ
Itā€™s a hike to get there but one of the best bars I have ever seen for catching points. I like them both small one for quality and big one for the material itā€™s made from. I didnā€™t take them to the last show just the polished pebble. Maybe I will remember for the next show around February next year. Thanks for the help

Savannah River
I think the grey one looks like mine
Mine is also thin not thick

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    451.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 15

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread