Which detector is for me? Never mind, got a Pirate Pro

Re: Which detector is for me?

Ace 250.

most of it is getting out and using your detector, you may want to set yourself up a test garden it may help but the best way is to get out in the field and detect dig every target untill you start trusting you detector...as for my opinion get the ace 250 pro package its the best deal out there for someone on a budget untill your ready to move up to something more advanced. as for the titan model detectors i belive they are made by bounty hunter. also something that might help you out is find someone in your area that has been detecting awhile and see if they can go out with you and give you some pointers in the field i know someone up that way that has an ace 250 that might be willing to get out with you if your interested send me a pm. Good luck

Go with the 250 :thumbsup:

If you want easy and excellent - read up on the Tesoro Silver Umax. Aside from being easy as pie to operate, you also get the piece of mind of a lifetime warranty. As far as hunting the beaches (salt) goes - just about anything but a beach-specific detector is going to false on you once you get into the water. The Bounty Hunter is actually a great machine once you get the hang of it - that right there is the most important thing - you need to take the time and learn your machine. It does not matter if you have an El Cheapo special or the most expensive machine made. If you don't take the time to read the manual (repeatedly) and get out and practice, practice, practice - you won't find squat. I pretty much dug EVERYTHING until I started to get used to hearing what my machine was "telling" me. Regardless, whether you chose the Tesoro or the Ace, you can't lose. They're both great machines for the money (but the Tesoro is far easier to use). If you want to see just what the Silver Umax is capable of, check out Modern Miner's posts. With a combination of research and years of experience with his machine, he's one of the most successful relic hunters I know. Good luck in your quest and happy hunting... :thumbsup:

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Fisher or Minelab ... :thumbsup:

The color of the Ace 250 is the same as the Short Yellow Bus ...

You would not want to be associated with the Short Yellow Bus would you ... ???

~ Nick ~

That's why I keep the rain/dust cover (it's black) on Izzy's 150... ;D

The Ace 250 is an excellent machine for the money. Very easy to use and has the notch settings to block out trash. The new Fisher F2 and F4 are also easy to work with. You must remember you get what you pay for. All the bells and whistles do not mean much if you don't know how to use it. I would also suggest looking on youtube at some of there videos. They have instructional videos for different machines, just type in your detector manufacturer and model number and have a look. Happy Hunting.

Jeff

If you'd like, Private message me and I will give you my phone number and hook you up with a sweet Minelab That will give you what you are asking for. The garret 250 is good but, if you are wanting depth go with a Minelab. I just sold a detector to a friend of mine who was frustrated using the 250 missing silver I would find after he would search. Now he's giving me competition! He went with the new exterra 750 by Minelab. He is very happy with it. The us military uses Minelab exclusively. Take care! mike

I have had a Minelab Sovereign GT for about a year now. We go to the beach for vacation about 2 or 3 times a year. The past 3 trips to the beach, Onslow Beach at Camp Lejeune, I have found a wedding band. The first trip to the beach with the GT I found a Triton Titanium wedding band. The next trip I found a 14k band, and the last vacation a few weeks ago found a 14k band and a silver ring. Each ring took about 10 hrs of hunting total during the vacations. Lots of patience. All this to say, I am amazed at how stable the GT is in both wet and dry sand. It has been a dream machine at the beach for me. I bought a Sunray S-12 coil and use it every time I go, and it goes deep. Prior to the GT, I had a White's Spectrum that I had for over 10 yrs. Out of the 3 trips to the beach with my GT, I have found more than I ever did at the beach with the Spectrum. I would get alot of false signals in wet sand with the Spectrum. None with the GT. I have posted pics under Today's Finds in the past. Good luck on picking a detector.

I bought a DetectorPro Headhunter Pirate Pro. Got it 4/20/09 as of today have not had a chance to try it out. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back