Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 389
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
Looks like if that many wheaties were lost, you could reasonably expect to find a silver dime or
two . If you are hunting with the XLT as your avatar suggests, then you have massive options
for detector set up programs -so you may want to tinker with these some . If your on a large
lot , try sweeping it from very different angles than your first attempts, also you may want to
consider coil options larger , smaller , depending upon trash density . You may benefit from
slowing your sweep speed down and being very careful to overlap your coverage . Since you
know that coins from the silver era were dropped on this property you must cover absolutely
every inch of the area available to you , in addition to the obvious areas like near trees ,be
sure to cover the edges of any remaining sidewalks or under an old clothesline . Good luck,
Argentium.

That's how it goes sometimes. I once searched a yard and found 29 Wheat Pennies and not one single silver coin! :tongue3: Sometimes you just have to settle for the Wheats, I'll take those over Zincs any day!

Sometimes you will find a virgin yard, don't ever assume an old house has never been detected....detectors have been around for 50 years or better. The silver may have been cherry picked. Also, when someone lost a dime one hundred years ago, they be 'bummin.

The current house I am hunting I have found 23 wheats, and only one silver roosie. But have hunted others where there were hardly any wheats and more silver. Luck of the draw I guess.

I also have a stubborn property that won't give up any silver. I've found 9 wheats, 1 LC, 2 IH, one 2 cent and a shield nickel. I know a silver is hiding somewhere. Keep at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back