When hobbies collide: Finding your own art materials.

arbuckle

Mar 24, 2024
I spent a few hours yesterday trying to track down where an old road used to be near where I live. I’ve been searching maps and topos in this particular area and did some fun comparisons via aerials, topos and maps along with Google Earth.

I did end up finding part of the road! Lots of ground to cover tracing that for future hunts, but on the way, I found a wall and decided to focus the area. Glass bottles, mostly broken, a few intact… ceramics and porcelain… we found ourselves a dump site!
IMG_9100.jpeg

Between the bugs, forgetting my gloves and fighting the brush, I didn’t feel like sticking around long. Ended up with two buckles and the business half of a sterling silver spoon!
IMG_9101.jpeg

I’ve taken to creating things with my non-trophy case finds. In this case, the spoon was not only silver, but had enough meat to make a ring! I combined it with some hammered copper wire that I’ve also dug. Enjoy!
IMG_9109.jpeg

IMG_9110.jpeg

IMG_9111.jpeg

Upvote 20
I spent a few hours yesterday trying to track down where an old road used to be near where I live. I’ve been searching maps and topos in this particular area and did some fun comparisons via aerials, topos and maps along with Google Earth.

I did end up finding part of the road! Lots of ground to cover tracing that for future hunts, but on the way, I found a wall and decided to focus the area. Glass bottles, mostly broken, a few intact… ceramics and porcelain… we found ourselves a dump site!
View attachment 2168751

Between the bugs, forgetting my gloves and fighting the brush, I didn’t feel like sticking around long. Ended up with two buckles and the business half of a sterling silver spoon!
View attachment 2168752

I’ve taken to creating things with my non-trophy case finds. In this case, the spoon was not only silver, but had enough meat to make a ring! I combined it with some hammered copper wire that I’ve also dug. Enjoy!
View attachment 2168753
View attachment 2168754
View attachment 2168755
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2168751

View attachment 2168752

View attachment 2168753
View attachment 2168754
View attachment 2168755
seriously cool ring, very well done!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back