when brothers hook up

Mega

Feb 28, 2005
Virginia
MY brother Wodd and i were puttin in a hard day at momas house (part of the mothers day gift) phase 1 of the multch bed, flower garden, somethin :). Both had detectors in the truck so when we finished we could head up to the old house that produced the 2 watch fobs and a few wheaties.

Within 10 minutes the Wodster plucks out an 1864 IH. A couple of high fives and a perma grin its coils back to the ground.
We work our way over to an old oak tree and i hit a silver dime. I flip it to my brother to take a peek at it and he like its facing right, Im like OOOO snap maybe a BARBER. I jump over my trusty 250 and give my brother a MEGA brother hug, just a car slowly drives by. (Wonder what they were thinking seeing 2 grown men with their arms wrapped around each other) ;D

That tree was a good producer, yieilding 5 or 6 more wheaties a Rosie and a 1926 female dog tag. My brother got the IH and dog tag so no picks of them. (Brother Wodd learn your camera and givy pickys)
Ohh the barber is a 1911 :)

Attachments

• 5-1-05 005.jpg
    5-1-05 005.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0
Very nice finds! I'd hit the yards next to the old house too. Matt

That's a very interesting language you speak, mega. ??? Some very colorful phrases. But I get that jist of it. It sounds like you had a blast. :D

hehe i pulled out the jewelry care cloth cleaner :P
Gotta be nice to your first barber
Thanx everyone

Mega,
Everything was going good until you mentioned the hug [ just kidding ]. I want everyone to know that I finally thought I had you beet today but oh well lost again. But it was a great day anyway. Finding coins like that, whether you find them yourself or somone like your own brother, doesn't really matter as long as someone finds something.
And by the way I might be heading up to the old place after cutting grass and since you told BE-BOB he's trying to get over there to. Looks like the old house will be getting a few more plugs removed, because there is SILVER IN THOSE HILLS.....
WODD........

heh i think after you hit the lawn you should pull the rest of the sod at moms. That should hold ya over till about 4:30, just in time for me to get off work. OH and ya otta weed eat to. Hey dont you have a dryer belt to put on and maybe some pea gravel to spread out. ;D

Hey you're starting to sound like my wife, I don't need it man!! You must of put a curse on me because I couldn't get over to the old place. THANKS ALOT!!
Besides I thought we were bonding man, I guess sense you got your silver everything changes don't it. :D Thats O.K. tomarrow is coming and hopefully it will be my turn to gather up some of those silver coins. :o
Later Mega I'll give you a call if I strike it rich........WODD..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back