Wheaties and Silver and Gold Oh My!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
First thing I have to say is Ilove private yard huntin!Its like hitting untouched ground almost every time.We haven't found serious old items but I believe we will sooner than later.We hit 2 small yards yesterday of friends of mine and the total take wasn't awesome it was still fun. The first yard yielded 3 wheats dating:1916,1920 and 1944,it also gave us a neat looking clip on pin a AA token and a ring that says gold-filled inside.Not great quality but it was still a gold find.The 2nd yard gave us the 1948 rosie and 4 wheats dating:1919,1926,1943,1945.We still have 2 yards and a farm house to hunt plus going back over these yards again.

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• 7 wheats.jpg
    7 wheats.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 527
  • 48 rosie.jpg
    48 rosie.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 525
  • aa token.jpg
    aa token.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 524
  • gf ring.jpg
    gf ring.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 523
  • clipon pin.jpg
    clipon pin.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 515
Upvote 0
Cool Finds BigRig !

I especially Like the A / A Token.

Any Idea what it is & If the / is / 0r 1 ?

Jeff

Attachments

• expl-sov2.jpg
    expl-sov2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 508
  • expl-sov2.jpg
    expl-sov2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 516
Jeff--the AA one was given to a new member of Alcoholics Anonymous for the milestone of staying sober 1 month. There are various types of AA pins and medals given from various chapters for various milestones. Best, John in ID

Thanks John.

My BRAIN was saying 1 Month of AA.

But Thinking 1 Free Month ? :D

Which made no Sense, Sinse I don't think AA Charges for Meetings ;D

Cool finds B/R!

HH

Lonewolfe

Never a dull hunt, nice finds BR and K! HH, Mike

Great hunt as usual bigrig, I hope you find a lot more the next time sounds like you got enough areas to keep you busy for a while. :D
Mchamby

Nice finds BigRig. I think thats my chip I threw out on the lastr try ;D Just kiddin folks. The Pin is really nice. HH

Great finds, I bet you know this but in-case you don't (gold-filled) is better than plated its thicker/purer than gold plated.

Great Haul once again,

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back