Wheatie Wednesday

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Went out to two different farm house sites today. Found 9 wheats the oldest being a 1917. I noticed when I wiped it off that the back was shiney like it was never in the ground and immediatly figured that it had laid on top of another coin. I was right. Found a 44 wheatie that also had the backside shiney. Have found a few like these in the past where they lay in the ground on each other. Once I found two steel cents on one another under a baseboard in my house while remodeling. They were also like new on one side but rusted on the other. I wonder if it was some kind of good luck thing to put them like that. Also found three more tootsies. I really enjoy popping them out of the ground. Still another make-up case and that makes four in three different locations. Also a salt shaker lid that appears to be brass with threads, a marble, a spoon, a tonka truck, an old right guard can and a very decorative antique brass handle.

Attachments

• P4060001.JPG
    P4060001.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0
Great finds!! Had that at a church once. 3 wheats stacked, middle one still had much of the mint luster. Apparently it was new when lost, or when a child buried them. WTG!! HH

very cool finds.i like it when your detector says dime and u pull out a quarter,you know more coins are in the hole.had that today,penny dime reading and found a quarter dime and nickle together.

peace,bigrig

NICE FINDS

I like those Tootsies also'

Congrats & Happy Hunting.

J E F F

Super finds!

Looks like you had a fun day!

Hey, can ya get a close up of some of the stuff? I can't see much detail. Let me know if you need some help with the pic sizing, I'd be glad to help out if needed.

:)

Rod

Hey I recognize those cars I had them when I was a kid! Wow the memories those just brought back. Thanks for posting them. I had forgotten all about those type of cars.

Yeah, I'm with ya.

Look at the wheels on them, don't you just love the older stuff! This is exactly why I like MD'ing,...the memories you dig up from the dirt and your mind ;) :)

Rod

Great digs there!

There's gotta be some silver at those sites!

Hunt more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

Those are great clump!

I really like the red fire truck in the back :)

Thanks for sharing!

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back