Whats Your Best Half Box WITHOUT any Enders ???

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's Your Best Half Box WITHOUT any Enders ???

There's nothing better than opening a sealed half box and seeing sweet silver coins staring back at you, knowing before you even open a single roll that you've scored some silver! Moments like this are why we all keep plugging away at this. Conversely, what bigger disappointment is there than looking down at a bunch of filthy clad, half of them grafittied with blue Xs, blacked out eyes, or tagged with red stickers from Aunt Chilade's cafe??? :) But we look through them anyway, hoping the exposed coins aren't a representative sample of what's inside. So the question I pose is this... What is your best box without Enders?

My personal best is 8 40%ers.

HH
Baddbluff

Upvote 0
Re: What's Your Best Half Box WITHOUT any Enders ???

22 silver with no enders - 1 Walker, 2 Bens, 2 '64s, 17 40%

My very first box I ordered had 7 40%'s. I believe with all my heart that in fact, those were the last 7 in Phoenix. :laughing9:

Just kidding, but seriously, they very well might have been.

Wow, Ark scored a cycle from a box w/out an ender. That's pretty cool. That's like a box w/10 Enders that gives up only 10 keepers.

Happy... Sounds pretty tough in Phoenix. I honestly think that the more educated the average person in your city, the fewer silvers you will find. Phoenix has a pretty high %age of college grads, if I'm not mistaken... Means they thought of buying silver for face value a long time ago & none of them are dumb enough to sell it back for fifty cents each.

If my theory holds, I am due for a stellar find in Vegas. The average Joe here graduated high school w/ a 2.2 GPA & skipped college to work as a waiter/stripper/car salesman/landscaper.

That theory would also hold water in places like Tennessee & W Virginia where people are finding solid rolls of walkers & bens. No offense, folks. (Notice I did include Nevada here.)

HH

Baddbluff

baddbluff said:
Happy... Sounds pretty tough in Phoenix. I honestly think that the more educated the average person in your city, the fewer silvers you will find. Phoenix has a pretty high %age of college grads, if I'm not mistaken... Means they thought of buying silver for face value a long time ago & none of them are dumb enough to sell it back for fifty cents each.

If my theory holds, I am due for a stellar find in Vegas. The average Joe here graduated high school w/ a 2.2 GPA & skipped college to work as a waiter/stripper/car salesman/landscaper.

That theory would also hold water in places like Tennessee & W Virginia where people are finding solid rolls of walkers & bens. No offense, folks. (Notice I did include Nevada here.)

HH

Baddbluff

+1. I have thought about this also. I fall into this exact cateogory myself. Was buying .999 since 2009, but never heard of CRH until this year....puking.

But yes, Phoenix is littered with colleges everywhere. Even the major universities like "Who of A", and "NA who" now have campuses here to compete with Arizona State University. It's like, no thanks to those 2, as I already have a high school dimploma, why would I need a second. :laughing9:

What I found you can never nail...is judging whether or not you have a culling teller based on age/looks. I have had the old hag type that surely has been taking silver for 20 years hand me over silver.....and then you have the dude that looks like he's 12, lie to you, see silver in the tray, etc etc who is obviously the silver nut.

I think your theory holds true.

I've never even gotten an ender, lol. And just for the record, the phoenix public school system is a joke.

I had a box of pennies. It had 17 wheats, the oldest being a 1926D

My best box ever was also one of my first two boxes I purchased. The first one had a proof and a 1967 so I wasn't expecting much until I started opening the second box. That one had 7 90% 1964s and 19 40%ers. I couldn't wait to order more boxes but from that one box it only went down-hill as far as halves went. I have yet to find a half ender in any box.

I just finished a box that had 2 walkers, 2 bens, 3-64s, and 12-40%ers. There were no enders.

couple of years ago me and the wife got a box with one walker showing,nothing else.after an amazing half hour we had a total of 81 walking liberty halves and 919 regular ol' clads.I wouldnt belive it if I hadn't lived it.
in 2007 for awhile we were getting boxes 100% filled with brand new 1998p's.it got to the point where I would glance at both ends and upon seeing all the same coins would take the whole box with rolls unopened straight to the dump bank (you old timers know what I'm talking about).this went on for a couple of months until one dat I spotted a lone 40%er on one end of a roll of a box of 98p's.low and behold the box yeilded over a hundred 40's, two coins from the 70's,and all the rest 98p's.go figger.

12 40% silvers and a 1962 ben franklin, no enders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back