Whats with the stars?

Re: What's with the stars?

Star notes are replacement bills for notes taken out of circulation. Printing errors, etc.... they make replcements for them, and designate them with the star. They are collectible, but generally only in crisp uncirculated shape. :)

Upvote 0

On some notes a "star" note may replace the suffix letters.

"Star" notes are substituted when a note is mutilated in the course of manufacture. To print another note with an identical serial number would be costly and time-consuming. A star note has an out-of-sequence serial number with a star as the final digit.

Upvote 0

That was a fantasimo ID Gypsy! Great job!!

Oh yea... and you too Jeffro... ;)

But - It's my understanding that "Star" notes are substituted when a note is mutilated in the course of manufacture. To print another note with an identical serial number would be costly and time-consuming. A star note has an out-of-sequence serial number with a star as the final digit.

Just to clear things up.

Upvote 0

Now...can anyone tell me why they even bother to substitute a bill for a mutilated one? Does it have something to do with bureucratic tracking?

Know the answer to that 'un Gypsy? ::)

Upvote 0

wesfrye53 said:
Now...can anyone tell me why they even bother to substitute a bill for a mutilated one? Does it have something to do with bureucratic tracking?

Know the answer to that 'un Gypsy? ::)

I do! It's because they like to spend our taxpayer dollars much more than we like to give 'em to 'em!

How's that? ::)

-Buckleboy

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back