✅ SOLVED What’s the type

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Ok I’m usually in the artifacts forum but I know some of you guys are into swinging the MD now days. I’ve got a decent collection of points and other artifacts. I found the left point a couple of years ago 30 miles away from where I found the right point yesterday. In the area I have found Early Archaic all the way to Woodland points since December of 2022. Both of these quartz points were creek finds. They both display the one ear damaged and are ground in the hafting area and along the sides about half way up from the base. No bevel on the edges. My question is what have I found?
NW Georgia
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpeg
    IMG_0760.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
No guesses yet I see. I think it’s a possibility for Dalton Greenbrier.
I will show the examples

Attachments

• IMG_0765.jpeg
    IMG_0765.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
Agree Dalton, but not greenbrier. Those have smaller and more protruding ears. I believe they are classic Dalton or Colbert Dalton

Upvote 1
Agree Dalton, but not greenbrier. Those have smaller and more protruding ears. I believe they are classic Dalton or Colbert Dalton
I actually did look at Colbert. These are smaller than the Daltons in the books. I appreciate your opinion and will look at it closer as a match. I think the Colbert type is in my area. I don’t find many whole but have a few bases that I’ve found.

Upvote 0
Check out the heartbreaker Eva I found. Would of been a year maker. Same gravel bar. This is another type that I didn’t know we had.

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back