What’s the strangest request you’ve had while metal detecting? I’ll start.

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I was getting ready to hunt the beach and a woman pulled up and asked if what I had was a metal detector. I told her yes it was and she asked me if I could scan something for her, I asked what it was that she wanted scanned. I’m thinking a piece of jewelry or something. She said let me park and I’ll tell you. She gets out of her car and asks if I could scan her vehicle for tracking devices. Says she thinks her ex put a tracking device on her car and thought I could find it with a metal detector. I tried to explain that metal detectors don’t work that way, she still insisted I scan her car. I thought about running my detector over her car just to appease her but decided against it. Anyway she finally accepted what I was telling her and drove off. By far the strangest request I’ve had , let’s hear your stories.
I did find 1.76 in clad, a gold plated pendant and a silver plated earring.

I had a guy stop me in his work vehicle and go on to tell me about a jar of old silver coins his grandfather had buried in his yard. He than offered to split the coins if I go help him locate them. I never took him up on the offer at the time. He said there was a short window and house was being sold. I just wasn’t able to do it in that time frame he gave me.

Today I was getting ready to hunt the beach and a woman pulled up and asked if what I had was a metal detector. I told her yes it was and she asked me if I could scan something for her, I asked what it was that she wanted scanned. I’m thinking a piece of jewelry or something. She said let me park and I’ll tell you. She gets out of her car and asks if I could scan her vehicle for tracking devices. Says she thinks her ex put a tracking device on her car and thought I could find it with a metal detector. I tried to explain that metal detectors don’t work that way, she still insisted I scan her car. I thought about running my detector over her car just to appease her but decided against it. Anyway she finally accepted what I was telling her and drove off. By far the strangest request I’ve had , let’s hear your stories.
I did find 1.76 in clad, a gold plated pendant and a silver plated earring.
I would have Turned the detector all the way down & scanned inside & Out & then said "Your Fine"

it's a man thing :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back