NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where to start? Let's make this simple. Think of a reale as a denomination such as our cents. We have 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, 50 cents, etc. Well, with spanish colonial silver coinage, there are half reale, 1 reale, 2 reale, 4 reale, 8 reale. Escudos are commonly referred to as dubloons. They are gold.

These denominations were made either hammered and what are referred to as cobs or they were milled and minted on a screw press.

Where to start? Let's make this simple. Think of a reale as a denomination such as our cents. We have 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, 50 cents, etc. Well, with spanish colonial silver coinage, there are half reale, 1 reale, 2 reale, 4 reale, 8 reale. Escudos are commonly referred to as dubloons. They are gold.

These denominations were made either hammered and what are referred to as cobs or they were milled and minted on a screw press.

Maybe this is a stupid question how do you pronounce escudos

NJ,
You asked for the pronunciation of the Spanish word escudos.
I gave you the oral pronunciation in both Mexican Spanish and Castilian Spanish and you responded with "lol".
What am I missing?
Don.....

im sorry when i type that i was kinda out of it don im probebly gonna hit corson inlet in NJ from what ive heard its actually a very good place to look for cob coins im hoping i get lucky

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back