Attachments

• 20231012_190149.jpg
    20231012_190149.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 20231012_190205.jpg
    20231012_190205.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Solution
Seems to be manganese will do the trick also......now I really have to check mine.
Screenshot_20231013_145126_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231013_145142_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231013_145136_Chrome.jpg

Here we go !!
I just got a UV flash light and was messing around with it. I have a crate of old bottles in the corner of my room shined it on them and this sucker lit right up. Now it doesn't have the appearance of uranium glass but glows like it is. Regardless of what's going on a neat surprise for me.
That is very interesting. Can you, or anyone else, elaborate on what a UV flashlight might have a similar effect upon while detecting? Only work on non-metallic materials? Thanks for sharing that .

Upvote 1
That is very interesting. Can you, or anyone else, elaborate on what a UV flashlight might have a similar effect upon while detecting? Only work on non-metallic materials?
A uv flashlight mind you a good one will help find certain gems and minerals. I bought this so if I am looking for uranium glass I can verify it on site. Also to play with when say I metal detect at a lake I can check for mineral and gems while I'm out.

Upvote 5
That is very interesting. Can you, or anyone else, elaborate on what a UV flashlight might have a similar effect upon while detecting? Only work on non-metallic materials? Thanks for sharing that .
Some minerals and gems under said light will have fluoresce under UV. Greens, oranges, and blues.

Upvote 1
I think some of the bottle forum guys might know.....perhaps a post over there as well. That has me stumped also ?? What brand of light is that....I need one !!

Upvote 2
I think some of the bottle forum guys might know.....perhaps a post over there as well. That has me stumped also ?? What brand of light is that....I need one !!
uvBeast New V3 365nm Black Light UV Flashlight – HIGH Definition Ultraviolet - HIGH Power and Long Range Professional Grade Beam Best for Professional/Commercial Use – USA Stock https://a.co/d/f5iQSST

Upvote 2
It could easily have some uranium in it. Geiger Counter would tell. I have never seen plain silica glass glow like that.
Just has my stumped normally uranium glass under normal condition is slight green to yellowish. This is clear. I'd of never known it would glow if not for me messing with my light.

Upvote 2
I shall try that. Maybe it is just uranium glass and just happens to not have the tell tale signs of it being that for whatever reason. No idea. I know some glass that is early I think 1800 can glow yellow due to how it was made but not green as uranium glass does..

Upvote 2
Seems to be manganese will do the trick also......now I really have to check mine.
Screenshot_20231013_145126_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231013_145142_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231013_145136_Chrome.jpg

Here we go !!

Upvote 4
Solution
Also this light even works decent in daylight so can be used in day light hunts with decent results. Better at night but usable in the day between metal detecting say you are at a lake or river with lots of rocks around. Never know what you'll find.

Upvote 3
Seems to be manganese will do the trick also......now I really have to check mine. View attachment 2109628View attachment 2109631View attachment 2109629

Here we go !!
I think you may have solved it. Good job with the research. I'll give it a moment but I think you'll get the solve on this one. I did not know this. Time to play with my UV light some more since I have lots of old glass around lol

Upvote 2
I think you may have solved it. Good job with the research. I'll give it a moment but I think you'll get the solve on this one. I did not know this. Time to play with my UV light some more since I have lots of old glass around lol
I did not know this either.....im going to order that light it seems like a great unit !!

Upvote 2
I did not know this either.....im going to order that light it seems like a great unit !!
I like this unit and the filter it has equipped. It has an expansion for an extra battery for longer use as well so you know. You can order the extra battery than attach the expansion to the unit

Upvote 1
I might have to get that light also, over on my side of the valley there is San Benitoite that flouresces under black light, Maybe I can find some in the dry stream beds above Coalinga.

Upvote 3
I might have to get that light also, over on my side of the valley there is San Benitoite that flouresces under black light, Maybe I can find some in the dry stream beds above Coalinga.
We have a place that has something called cross rock I want to see if it is visible under it. I think only found around here

Upvote 1
I bought a uv light and have searched our glacial till rocks for yooperlites. That’s the nickname they give to sodalite up in MI. Just plain looking igneous rocks that light up when hit with uv. I haven’t found any yet but should be some around here.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back