What Was This St. Gaudens Replica Made For?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• MVC-034F.JPG
    MVC-034F.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 599
  • MVC-035F.JPG
    MVC-035F.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,100
So you have a honking 3" replica of a St. Gaudens $20 gold piece in your box of old coins and you don't remember anything about it or where it came from. Hmmm Scary ain't it.

Now you can hide your own Easter eggs.

You are now officially an OLD GEEZER. :laughing7:

Daryl

Upvote 0
Wow Daryl a bit touchy aren't you? last one was the brand new member that did not realize he should use his macro on his camera and on his very first post you ripped him a new one! its just something for tourists to buy! they don't make sense people just buy them! That is all!

Upvote 0
No just giving BigCypressHunter a little grief. All in good fun. Look at how many posts he has. We have to take the opportunity when it presents itself.

Guess you are not old enough to enjoy the joys of growing old.

Daryl

Upvote 0
I doubt that I found it. Someone probably tossed it into my coin box thinking I would want it. Or maybe you are correct. :icon_scratch: I wish I had a nickel for every post I made... I know every one of the What Is It threads by heart. I posted in half of them LOL.

I know its worthless but I was curious as to where it came from and why it was made. :)

Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
It seems they are everywhere
http://www.cointalk.com/t85165/

Found various years of various denominations, on the baything.
Mike
Thanks trikikiwi. Funny link. ;D It appears its not even old. Im thinking my Mom picked it up at Cracker Barrel and tossed it into my old coin box (that I left at her house for safekeeping). :coffee2:

Upvote 0
I have a Flying Eagle Cent that is the same size (about 3"). Not sure who originally made it but if I remember correctly I picked it up at a garage sale ten or so years ago.

Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
trikikiwi said:
It seems they are everywhere
http://www.cointalk.com/t85165/

Found various years of various denominations, on the baything.
Mike
Thanks trikikiwi. Funny link. ;D It appears its not even old. Im thinking my Mom picked it up at Cracker Barrel and tossed it into my old coin box (that I left at her house for safekeeping). :coffee2:

Funny thread, good link trikikiwi :D ;D Green check 1st post and check will appear :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Spooky said:
bigcypresshunter said:
IronSpike said:
Green check 1st post and check will appear :thumbsup:
I see now how easy it is to forget. Thanks for the reminder.

OOOHHHHHH..................

Reaaalllyyy???

You didn't think we would let YOU get away with it, did you?

:laughing7:
just testing y'all

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back