Greenie
Apr 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• photo-10.JPG
    photo-10.JPG
    387.6 KB · Views: 87
Look to be post-cw cast bullets. Without dimensions it's difficult to be certain, but they appear to me to be revolver rounds, perhaps .38 caliber or so though some could be .44 or thereabouts.

Upvote 0
It always wise to get unidentified objects checked here in the What-Is-It? forum. Sorry, but in this case, almost all of the bullets in the photo are modern era "Semi-Wadcutter" bullets, made specifically for target shooting. The only object in the photo that even might be a civil war era bullet is the largest one, second from the right in the photo. But in that photo it looks too smashed for us to identify it with certainty. Please post a couple more photos to show us its other side.

Upvote 0
Sorry. I just joined today and didn't notice the "what is it" Anyhow the one on the left is the opposite side of the one form the last pic. I also included two others that I left out of the first pic. The middle doesn't look old to me but the one on the right maybe??

Attachments

• photo-12.JPG
    photo-12.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
The right-most is also a post-cw cast bullet, centerfire revolver I would say. The one in the middle as you guessed is a fairly modern jacketed bullet, and the lead on the far left is just too mangled for me to offer much of an opinion on. But if you found it with the others you've posted I'd venture that it's likely to be modern (or at least post-cw) as well.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back