What to do with my coins?

KngFhearts

Apr 1, 2005
CA
Over time I have accumulated pennies: $7('50-'58), $8(40-49), $6(30-39), $1.30(20-29), .60(10-19), .05(1909). Most of these coins are in fair shape with decent detail. What would be the best way to sell these? Or, do you think I should hold on to them for another say...10 years? I am an MDr, who is now a coin collector (not intentionally, I guess it just happens). These are a lot of coins and I just wanted to get rid of them, and then thought "maybe they might be worth something". Any advice would be greatly apprecieated.

They're only worth about 5 cents a piece UNless you have "key date/s"

1909 vdb

1909-s vdb

1914-d

1931-s

1922 (plain - no D)

and very VERY few others,

got any of these dates/mints listed?

HH

Lonewolfe

Hi, Wheat pennies are pretty common except for the few listed by LW. Ebay is a great place to sell coins, but wheats are going fairly cheap. If coins are corroded or pitted(like the ones I find) , they have very little collector value. If you need quick cash then coinstar is the way to go, if not hang on to them. Maybe copper will go up like silver has ;D :o
HH
Greg

lonewolfe said:
They're only worth about 5 cents a piece UNless you have "key date/s"

1909 vdb

1909-s vdb

1914-d

1931-s

1922 (plain - no D)

and very VERY few others,

got any of these dates/mints listed?

HH

Lonewolfe

Four of my 1909 pennies are plain, and one has vdb in small letters on the back (at the bottom, between the stalks of wheat).
I guess I'll have to hold on to them for quite a while.... :-\. Thanks guys.

just keep in mind that a dug 1914 d in VF isnt the same as one found in change, and for anyone that is thinking of selling on ebay, make sure you get a nice picture, bad pics, get low bids and i know that for sure

OMG, you have a V.D.B cool I want one... I have a 1909! *The 1909(s) V.D.B is the one you want!

1909s V.D.B

G4 VG-8 F-12 VF-20 EF-40 AU-50 MS-60 MS-63
$460. $550. $620. $700. $750. $850. $1,000 $1,300

*Note: The mint mark needs to be an S. and it needs to have the initials V.D.B
(Prices and Grades from: The Official Red Book 2005)

Keep @ it and HH!!

Why would anyone ever use CoinStar? I don't understand giving away a chunk of my money to somebody just for a bit of convenience.

If you have a lot of coins why not roll them yourself and take them to the bank for 100% of their face value? If you have a LOT of coins you could buy a nice coin sorter with the money you don't give to CoinStar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back