What the,,,??

soulofawolf

Jan 25, 2005
K.Falls, Oregon
Finally,,,got to the coast (Oregon) this past weekend, had gone couple of months ago but it poured the whole weekend. Monday morning we left Gold Beach started for home, we had decided to stop in Brookings as they had a Kite Festival their. Got to the beach, noticed another MD'er there at one end so decided to do the other end. Was working the sandy area and I was getting nothing for the 1st hour, noticed that the other MD'er and I were slowly walking towards each other. Finally got a beep, started digging, meter said about 4" down, scooped it up, shook out the sand and,,,,looks like a baby carraige hub cap >:(,,,lol. The other MD'er finally caught up and all he had found so far was a penny and he had been there for couple of hours. Spent another hour after that and got nothing else,,,so much for that,,,lol.

My girlfriend and i left the beach and went and got lunch,,,thats when i found out that the Kite Festival was fogged in most of the weekend and didn't "take off" as they expected.

So for my day i had 1 hub cab and a nice sunburn,,,was great,,,lol. ;D (My girlfriend kept the hubcap as our 1st find).

Wolf

Upvote 0
Had to laugh, welcome to detecting! It's full of ups and downs. I've detected places that should have been great and walked away with crap and pull tabs, other places that looks like a crap place, I've pulled up my oldest silver coin in this area from the 1300s. Research and luck are your best chances. HH, Mike

Hey Wolf...Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear about your luck & your sunburn. Quityurbitchin' though, at least you've got a girlfriend! ;D Next time out, try the campgrounds at Bastendorf Beach. There's lots of coin fed utilities there and I bet you clean up on the clad and maybe some silver to boot. Been a long time since I've made it out to that area and it all came poppin' back when you were name droppin' in your post. Klammath Falls is beautiful too. Good luck in the future~CO2 ;)

Heya Wolf!

Sometimes it's necessary to pick people up by their feet and shake all the change outta their pockets j/k ;)

I hope you and your gf had fun despite the slim pickins. ;D

Maybe you can find a chain and she can wear the hubcap. :) I am joking of course.
You gotta dig a lot of junk, but you WILL find the good stuff.
~Kansas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back