What material is this ring? Is it valuable/old?

Dirt_Hunter

Jun 1, 2016
Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys, found this while metal detecting at a small park. Any input would help. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466905286.860772.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466905355.654455.jpg

Any markings on the inside if is old it might not be marked look close if you see pitting or discoloring rust ect probably not gold gold would be kinda heavy not really light weight Hope its gold Good find either way.Others will tell you how to test ect! Does not look like gold from your pics you have that is one ugly ring but any ring is a good ring

Upvote 0
I think you should send it to me for evaluation

Upvote 0
I bought one like that and it's called a cocktail ring. The one I bought was marked 14K. When it was tested, it came out the bottom ring part was only 10K solid gold, but rater thin. It was miss-marked on purpose and the wiring part that held all the stone settings were all made from gold filled wire. It was made to deceive it was. I gave like around $35. for it, but was still able to sell it for close to $50.00, so I wasn't duped at all really, but I sure thought I was when I found out what it really was after I purchased it. The only real way you'll ever know what you actually have is to take it to a jeweler and have them give an opinion OR you could take up Jeff's offer to help? The age I'm thinking is later 50s early 60s a style some refer to as hollywood regency imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
looking at your pic close up, it looks to me like it's plated

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back