What makes this blanket pin worth $ 99.99?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 7.47.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 7.47.25 PM.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 116
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just because a seller is asking that price doesn't mean it's worth that much. The listing has the "best offer" option, so he's probably only looking to get $75 for the pin. Pricing it at $100 gives the seller some wiggle room on the final sale price.

Upvote 0
The seller has very high prices on all their bottles for sale, so I would say that pin it is most likely WAY overpriced.

Upvote 0
Just because a seller is asking that price doesn't mean it's worth that much. The listing has the "best offer" option, so he's probably only looking to get $75 for the pin. Pricing it at $100 gives the seller some wiggle room on the final sale price.

Thanks for the thoughts .. I guess my question was a bit vague. What qualities does this blanket pin have that would warrant ANY price over .. lets say $ 15.00? I imagine the seller would be right insulted if I offered them $ 15.00 for it.

Upvote 0
Hate to say it but i would not offer more than $10.00, But
then what do i know about Blanket Pins

Upvote 0
I dont think its a blanket pin. It is very small.
The other post said the round thing is a bit smaller than a dime.
What ever its for it was to be used with the tag on it (you cant slide it off)
The closest patent I found was for a diaper pin , same type pin but does not show the round tag.
The patent is aug 31, But Im pretty sure thats the correct patent.

https://www.google.com/patents/US16...a=X&ei=hUuXUuOUIpDLsAT_vYLgAg&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA

Last edited:
Upvote 0
things are only worth what somebody is willing to pay

Upvote 0
The patent date of Aug 30th -1875 is unique, of course patents back then ran for 17 years i believe.. so - 1875-1892 on this.. Of course not everyone is going to think this pin is unique! but - there are a-lot that like early patent dates... I for one like the patent date on this, maybe my last value was off a-little bit.. but - say i saw this at a antique store or something for sale for $15-$20, i would just buy it only for the of the date on there.. $99 is way high for this unless you really know what it was.. Without that patent date on there this would basically be a junk box item unless there is proof it was a unique item like for law enforcement or military..

Upvote 0
Great discussion all! I appreciate it! .. Happy Thanksgiving!

Upvote 0
I appreciate you guys helping us keep the spammers out. Please hit report when they pop up and we will clean and banish them. Happy Thanksgiving

Upvote 0
Observation ...

Notice on the patent image that the pin is straight - whereas the one with the star tab has a hump in it. I'm thinking that hump was intended to prevent the tab from sliding to either end ... but why?

Upvote 0
In answer to my own question ...

The pin itself might have originally been intended for diapers but by adding the hump and the tab it was altered for some other purpose altogether - but what that purpose might have been I currently do not know.

Upvote 0
when I put a buy it now/best offer item on ebay...I list it at more than Im hoping to get....and negotiate down - plus a lot of things don't really have a set value.....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back