What kind of metal detecter do u use?

Garrett at pro witha garrett pro pointer which i droped in a crek yesterday and its still good, i use a awesome little shovel which you can find on my youtube 77rockcrawler. HH

I have a Garrett GTI 1500 that is several years old. I am Old School and did not want to trust the discriminator but I have learned to go with it. I still dig a few too many holes, but I am getting better. I do not use a Pinpointer. The 1500 more or less has one built in with the Treasure Imaging.

I'm using a Garrett gmh cxiii it is also old school and I'm still learning but I love the features it has. I'm using a cheap pin pointer until I get enough saved up for the pro pointer. Not sure if I'll ever upgrade I hardly ever find thus machine being sold and I understand it's an oldie but a goodie so I'm hanging onto it. Also have the 12.5" deep seeker coil for this unit have not tried it yet.

I am using a Teknetics Omega 8000 with 10 inch concentric and 5 inch sniper coils,bounty hunter headphones for the time being.

HH John

My city machine is the Whites XLT and as of Friday night now with the 4 x 6 DD shooter coil as well as the 950, 600, 3500 now, to get out and swing it with the still good shoulder arm............63bkpkr

I have a V3i with a 10 inch double D and a 4x6 shooter coil. And a pro pointer which saves a ton of time. I love the Whites machine and am doing very good with it.

When i got into MD'ing in 2010 i decided to start off with a bounty hunter elite 2200. It has been a good machine to me never had any issues and still use it today. My son who has gone with me on hunts got his first MD and he uses a bounty hunter adventuer 5500.

There is an odd thing about MD's and detecting. We all basically like our units, but we only see what we find, not what we miss. We only know we are missing things if someone is following us with a different detector and finding things we passed over.

AT Pro, Propointer, Pistol Probe, Lesch digger, Auvio headphones

Garrett AT Pro with Pro Pointer...

Most of us list our equipment under our user name.

Xterra 705 for land hunting, Tiger Shark for fresh water, Gold Umax as a land backup. plus a Propointer and a long handled garden trowel for digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back