JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father recently bought this ring from a friend of his, but we can't figure out what type of diamond it is. Tested real, set in white 14k gold. Let me know what you guys think! :D

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480534225.528767.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480534286.654980.jpg

Some CZ's can test as diamond I've learned. Better take it to jewelry store to learn for sure.

Upvote 0
need to keep in mind that everyone's computers have a different interpretation of colors
Colors are often skewed, lighting is critical
its a fact that viewing colors will vary from computer to computer
Even worse would be phones , tablets and so on
Not to mention how the camera used to shoot the image interpreted the colors
I run into this often, being in the printing biz, when doing proofs for a job
in my professional opinion
BradyBoy

Upvote 0
It's a funny thing, you can go to Kay Jewelers and buy 10 diamond pendants exactly the same, and then go to another Kay Jewelers and buy 10 more, and so on and so on, so how in the hell can anyone figure diamonds as being rare and valuable ???.

Upvote 0
It's a funny thing, you can go to Kay Jewelers and buy 10 diamond pendants exactly the same, and then go to another Kay Jewelers and buy 10 more, and so on and so on, so how in the hell can anyone figure diamonds as being rare and valuable ???.

I agree, they can always make more in a lab! I prefer gold and silver, and especially old gold or silver coins with cool history. There is only a certain amount of gold in the world, and so far, labs can't add any more! Diamonds a quite pretty though :)

Upvote 0
Diamond are so "blah ", I prefer rubys and emeralds, it's kinda like the difference between water and beer.

Upvote 0

Funny thing is, they aren't rare. It's a marketing hype and a manufactured "shortage" you can thank the Diamond cartel for that. "DeBeers" since they own most all the known productive diamond mines. And didn't Kay Jewelers just get in trouble recently for swapping created diamonds for real diamonds during repairs? Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Women fuel the diamond trade, they are competitive like that, and most won't marry you unless you'll waste money one one for her to have to hold (show off). :diamond-ring:

Upvote 0
Quartz crystals are more interesting.

I agree, they are very interesting to look at, and all are different. Their formation is very unique, way cooler than diamonds.
product_list19.jpg

Here's a raw diamond, looks like a hunk of white coal lol.
s-l1000.jpg

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Women fuel the diamond trade, they are competitive like that, and most won't marry you unless you'll waste money one one for her to have to hold (show off). :diamond-ring:

Geeze Icewing, I hope you're a girl, I never would've opened my mouth and let that fall out !!! LOL !

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back