New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/stock coil , 8x5 & nels storm ,garret carrot
Makro racer 2 w/stock coil ,5" round & 9x5.5 Makro PinP
Mindlab CTX 3030 11'coil / 10x5 coiltek, Minelab 17" smart coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello to all
Found this yesterday 1st I thought is was a token of some sort but upon closer inspection I saw the words treble Plated ... looks to have no shank or totally gone . I have also noticed a very small eagle at the top part of the piece
I have heard there are pieces called coin buttons ?? also read somewhere that the eagle could have been to show it was made in the us ??? any info anybody can really pin it down ... would love to hear ... Thanks so much Jim
I thinks it gotta be pretty darn old ... I hope the picture is enough to see what whomever needs to see ps nothing on the other side heres a wheat to gauge the size IMG_3049.JPGIMG_3050.JPG sorry the picture came out sideways

From what I could find the side with the wording "treble plated" is the backside. The shank is missing. It is indeed a button but that's as far as I can help.

Upvote 0
Just like to say ... I did not realize what a coin button is ... so it is not that ... coin made into a button ... thanks ... the thing that has me intrigued is the eagle ... i know this button is not military .. can someone confirm ... that an eagle was put on button .. to show it was american made ??

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back