🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is

Not saying it's not, but the two slots/indentations make me wonder and seems odd/out of place.

Then again it can just be another thing to add to my ever-growing list of things I've been wrong/off base on.
Yeah, I struggled with the same issue, but couldn’t come up with a better idea.

Upvote 1
Yeah, I struggled with the same issue, but couldn’t come up with a better idea.

Wondered if it could have been a pendulum from a clock, but I didn't turn up anything positive on that.

They (Slots) seem too lined up to be random damage, but I can't figure out how they would apply to a watch case....Maybe the lack of caffeine is making my brain work too hard, and I'm reading too deep into what I see.

Upvote 0
Wondered if it could have been a pendulum from a clock, but I didn't turn up anything positive on that.

They (Slots) seem too lined up to be random damage, but I can't figure out how they would apply to a watch case....Maybe the lack of caffeine is making my brain work too hard, and I'm reading too deep into what I see.
What bothers me, is that it’s not really circular. Opposite ends are slightly elongated. Now I wonder about some type of lid; small stein, cream pitcher, etc.

Upvote 1
It's gold-filled what ever it is. So with that you technically found a little gold. I'm on the fence on what it actually is ?

Upvote 0
With a solder filled back, I am guessing a horse rosette with the loop pulled from the back.

Upvote 1
Maybe part of a ladies compact and the two slot areas held hooks to hold in a mirror or powder puff, just throwing out ideas.

Upvote 0
Maybe part of a ladies compact and the two slot areas held hooks to hold in a mirror or powder puff, just throwing out ideas.
Never seen a solder (lead) filled compact before.
Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 4.45.47 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3
Looking at the backside and seeing hundreds (maybe more) pocket watch cases and the inner sides the 2 attachments discount it being a watchcase.
So that being said I'll go with it being either a belt slide or a rosette. What is missing is the loop that connects between the 2 indentations.
Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 7.29.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 7.36.17 AM.png

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back