What is this??

I bought this ?vase? In about 1984 at an auction. There is no writing on it at all.
I've tried to post pics but don't know how.. HELP!! Please!!

what did the auctioneer call it? Also no photo...

Upvote 0
I don't remember what he said.. I just liked it so I bought it.
And I don't know how to post pics. I have some, can you tell
Me how?

Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426037208.145861.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426037229.233634.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426037251.470757.jpg

Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet. when you go to post on the right it says go advanced press it and scroll dn. it says manage attachments press it and it will open where you can add pic's once you add them press up load and close the box and submit your post. Hope that helped? HH
BK

Upvote 0
Thank you all so much!!!
Now please tell me something about this vase.. If you can.

Upvote 0
it looks like cranberry glass and the shape reminds me of decorative glass decanters that i used to see in the 50's and early 60's.

Upvote 0
...well if you mean what could you get for it...20 bucks about, it may be worth more, but you have to find a buyer.

Upvote 0
Looks like Blanko or Holmguard What is on the bottom? If it has the broken finial polished in a reverse indented circle it is Blanko and worth in the 65 to 95 $ range

Upvote 0
sorry too many cocktails that would be Blenko or Holmgaard Spelling

Could be a Blenko.

These 2 sold at auction in 2011. I can't see the final bid but expected was $50 - $100 for the pair.

9387133_1_l.jpg

I think these were popular in the early 60's. One of my earliest (1963?) memories is swinging a blanket around me in the living room and knocking one these decanters off the coffee table. The top broke. I didn't get my butt whipped too often, but that was one of those times.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
These two 1950's 60's glass makers are highly faked in China and sold at Ikea and the like.
THe easiest way to tell a fake is at the base. The color will not go all the way to the bottom of the ppiece it will turn clear glass. If the base is clear it is a FAKE

Upvote 0
No it's colored all the way down. I bought it in either 84 or 85 at a auction.
Think I only paid like $5 for it.. It wasn't much. I just thought it was pretty and wanted it..
Thanks everyone for all the info!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back