what is this

catfisherman

Mar 19, 2013
Dug this thing up stamped 925 on the back and that's all it says any ideas what it is

ForumRunner_20130607_224605.png

Ok we want to help but this is how it works. We need to know how big it is so take a quarter place it next to it and take another picture. We can't help you if all you say is what is this. What kind of area did you find it in how big is it and pics of the front and back are a must.

Dig until your arm falls off

Upvote 0
it looks navajo to me prob off a saddle

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excellent find, catfisher,

Yeah, like a really nice concho. Are those coyote?

il_170x135.351390416.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok more pics I don't know if they are coyotes or what they are. and a pic of the back side stamped 925 over 925 it was stamped twice.

ForumRunner_20130608_114256.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130608_114315.png
    ForumRunner_20130608_114315.png
    237.1 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
...I'm thinking Hopi and otter....but most conchos I've seen are convex. But it does seem to be one or something similar.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the new pictures! That's a nice chunk of silver. I still can't find a match but I'll keep looking. Do you think it could have gotten flattened?

Dig until your arm falls off

Upvote 0
I'm not an expert, but I'm under the impression that most Navajo and Hopi jewelry was coin silver. Now that silver coins have dried up they must have to purchase silver, but again, I've never heard of Navajo or Hopi made jewelry having a content mark like 925, which is sterling. I've also been told that the 925 indicates it was made in Mexico, which is their mark for sterling. I guess other countries use 925 also, but the US mark is sterling.

Upvote 0
Hmm a small 4 legged mammal. Possibly a beaver or something. Looks like some type of native type jewellery.

Upvote 0
What area of the county was it found it? Do you have an exact diameter? Its looks pretty new. Did you have to clean it? Can you weigh it?

!

Upvote 0
I believe those are monkeys so 90% positive its not Native American. Truly an amazing find though no matter where or when its from.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back