What is this

obyz21

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2007

Attachments

• rock1.jpg
    rock1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 520
From the looks of the photo it looks like what was said by Kenosha Kid ,Pumice or Slag . Looks like Pumice to me though , are you in an old volcanic area !

They are cool though as you put them in the water and they float . Full of air bubbles from the gasses that were inside when it formed .

Upvote 0
This is in coastal South Carolina. I don't think in a volcano area. No major welding going on anywhere close either. This seems a lot heavier than I remember pumice being, but if in the water for a long time it might be water logged.

Upvote 0
I think you have just found part of my wife's last batch of cupcakes. Obviously the frosting has finally eroded by wave action, but other than that it looks the same as when she served it. Don't feel bad...her cupcakes have fooled alot of geologists! Do me a favor, and don't send it back...I can't handle having to pretend how good it tastes.
Elee

Upvote 0
Those big pumice stones were popular yard decorations in the 50's in the area where I grew up. Central Illinois definitely never had a volcano though. My grandparents house had three of them that were probably 3 feet across along the driveway, and I remember seeing them at other hoses in the neighborhood.

Upvote 0
elee said:
I think you have just found part of my wife's last batch of cupcakes. Obviously the frosting has finally eroded by wave action, but other than that it looks the same as when she served it. Don't feel bad...her cupcakes have fooled alot of geologists! Do me a favor, and don't send it back...I can't handle having to pretend how good it tastes.
Elee

She doesn't cook for What-A-Booger, does she? I had one of their sausage biscuits that had very similar characteristics.

Upvote 0
elee said:
Elee

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Pumice was the first thing to come to mind for me also.

Upvote 0
Well, it can still be a decoration I suppose :)

Reminds me of our trip. My family and I just got back from a vacation to California which we live in Michigan so it was a slight drive ::) However, we did get a box of Lava rocks that the kids collected in New Mexico, unfortunately I had to break it to them that what they collected was broken chunks of blacktop.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back