What is this supposed to be

Is it hollow? I know what it represents. Will tell you in pm. I will show you how to read it. Where did you find it.?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I need a photo from the top please

Upvote 0
Look at it up side down. You will get another whole picture. It's a beautiful piece. Scary looking though

Upvote 0
It's kind of like a Chinese water dragon sculpture.But not.

Upvote 0
Google Chinese Foo dog sculptures.

Upvote 0
My dad had one almost identical to that, only it was about 8" long and made of some sort of green resin. [EDIT: sorry, was a darkish red resin - a different "thingy" was green]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My dad had one almost identical to that, only it was about 8" long and made of some sort of green resin.

Are you sure it was resin and not jade.

Upvote 0
??

Bruce, who are you referring to?

Look, I don't know the story behind this thing. I just know that my dad made several trips to the Orient on business and one time came back with that little monster. ....And after thinking about it, it was a darkish red rather than green. My mistake. There was a different piece that was green, and I think the green one is jade - only much smaller. He also has a couple of nice-quality dolls that are in custom wood/glass cabinets that he made, a few coins, maybe some other stuff. I honestly don't know what to do with it - don't have a clue as to values or who might be interested in buying it.

Upvote 0
??

Bruce, who are you referring to?

Look, I don't know the story behind this thing. I just know that my dad made several trips to the Orient on business and one time came back with that little monster. ....And after thinking about it, it was a darkish red rather than green. My mistake. There was a different piece that was green, and I think the green one is jade - only much smaller. He also has a couple of nice-quality dolls that are in custom wood/glass cabinets that he made, a few coins, maybe some other stuff. I honestly don't know what to do with it - don't have a clue as to values or who might be interested in buying it.

Jtw , he posts some strange stuff. So do I.

Upvote 0
I look forward to seeing his strange post

Upvote 0
Looking at the size, and if it's solid, I'd say it's a paperweight.

Upvote 0
It's A Foo Dog. I have a couple of sets of them... they guard the entrance to the house.

My mother is all into Asian antiques... and they are a popular topic in the tattoo world.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back