What is this? Style, Greek, Roman?? Button, Lapel Pin?

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.
My friend and I were doing some dirt digging near the Florida east coast today on an old house site and he came up with this item. It is very interesting. It is slightly bigger than a nickel and slightly smaller than a quarter. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Ant 1.jpg
    Ant 1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 267
  • Ant 2.jpg
    Ant 2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 319
Could be an old mardi-gras crew pin. From the style and make it even looks like some of the NSP pins of the early 30's to 40's.
DG

Upvote 0
I agree with JUSTGEESE.

THERE ARE twelve signs of the Zodiac (note the 12 stars on the image).
"A sign in the Zodiac is called a Rashi in Sanskrit. In Hindu astrology the sign in which the Moon is placed at the time of birth is commonly referred to as Rashi. The physical appearance of Aquarius is a man holding an empty pitcher on his shoulder."

Don.....
http://vedic.indastro.com/learn-astrology/signs.php

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help you guys. Good information. My friend was here visiting for a couple days and your post came in before he had to leave and head back to the Florida west coast. He has been a diver and water hunter for several years, but it was his first time digging in the dirt and this was his first dirt digging 'keeper'. Many thanks for your help. Highwater

Upvote 0
As above but its a button for sure.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back