64.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1318278780.jpg
    image-1318278780.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Welcome !

is both sides the same ?
(what's odd the flag is flying Left ?"

is the other side a Mirror image of it flying Right ?

although I've never seen it before ,

I wouldn't consider it a Coin or a Token

I call them Medals, (Not in the sense they are awards) just in the sense
they are probably just made to look at, with no value other then to have them. Sorry !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it silver?

Upvote 0
You need to take this to a good coin shop or trustworthy collector that knows their stuff. My first thought was it is one of the thousands of unmarked metal rounds you see for sell at any coin show, but the more I look at the pics this one seems to be made with good quality. look up how to do a "coin flip" and let us know the results. That will tell us if its a coin or medal/token. Reason I say to take it to a proffesional is that every once in awhile (very rare) one of the mints test (pattern) coins make it into circulation or collectors hands. Being that George T. Morgan is one of the most famous and probably most collected engravers its worth getting checked out. but in my opinion the hair and under the chin dosn't match Morgan's quality of engraving, but you never know.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't consider it a Coin or a Token

I call them Medals, (Not in the sense they are awards) just in the sense
they are probably just made to look at, with no value other then to have them. Sorry !

Have to agree with this assessment. If it was a precious metal "round", I think you'd see some sort of markings such as "1 oz .999 fine silver", or something like that. I don't think it's a test pattern coin, either, because the Liberty head is a fairly poor-looking reproduction of the one found on a Morgan silver dollar.

Edit: meant to say precious metal, not medal. I have also heard of this kind of item being called a "fantasy piece".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back