What is this? It has all the gold characteristic but i dont know where to bring it?

bhottxes

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2012
image-593922026.jpg

Attachments

• image-489335764.jpg
    image-489335764.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 146
I'm confused, is the second picture the items cleaned or in different lighting?

Can you break/crush/crumble these pieces into smaller pieces?

Also this should of been posted in the "What Is It" section, if you do re-post in the "What Is It" section or this is moved to there, read the post in the following link so you can understand what info is needed to help with getting an ID of your item/s.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/136849-please-read-before-posting-items-what.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah it's just diff. Lighting and yes i can make it very thin or into smaller pieces like a dust and i got a lot of it. sorry but I don't know where to post it right . Thanks for reply.

Upvote 0
Wash with water
image-3478605675.jpg

Attachments

• image-2509066653.jpg
    image-2509066653.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image-583452341.jpg
    image-583452341.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2488679325.jpg
    image-2488679325.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-4286953593.jpg
    image-4286953593.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1227295998.jpg
    image-1227295998.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1000145226.jpg
    image-1000145226.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
So, the first picture is washed with water. I put a penny so that you have idea how big or small it is. I found this not by digging soil but in between the house wall like when you are going to fix the pipe under with the vent or the access it's just sitting there. A lot then I have notice that it was coming out in between the wall.

Upvote 0
Sorry but what you have is not gold, gold cannot be broken up into pieces because it is a very malleable metal, gold will only indent when poked with a sharp object and flatten out when hit with hammer, gold also will not change it appearance when in bright light and then shaded, gold has it's on glow and will appear much the same color in most all lighting conditions.

From looking at your picture what appears to look like "gold" in most likely pyrite, chalcopyrite, and or mica, basically "Fools Gold".

If you were to crush up all of that material and pan it out their could be a small amount of gold in the pyrite if that is what you have, but also there could be no gold at all.

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure that have seen this stuff before and it is used as a type of insulation but I just can't remember where I saw it! The O.P. did state that it was found between the walls of a house.

Frank

Upvote 0
looks like asbestos insulation (vermiculate) very hazardous if it is. Unless you where in the Navy on an old diesel then the Gov. says its just fine...

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! I knew that there are people that can help me on this site. Yeah. We just bought this house 3 yrs. ago and now as the wall chips all this things falls off and I thought was a gold flakes. Anyway, as far as I know this is resolved!!! Again thank you people!!! God speed!!!

Upvote 0
be careful removing that stuff, I don't know where you are located but here in PA if you put it in the trash or dump it anywhere you can get jail time. It can cause different asbestos-related diseases like lung cancer, asbestosis and mesothelioma. As far as I know it was banned for use a long time ago. You may want to get a proffesional to remove it for you may be costly but worth you and your families safety. Good luck on the house and with the clean-up.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back