✅ SOLVED What is this I found in my yard?

Denny1st

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Shawnee, KS. I found this in my yard. Doesn't appear to have very symmetrical holes but I'm thinking a drain. But it's pretty thick too. Can't really see where or if it even screwed in. Probably a piece of junk but I'm very new and so far this and a 1978 dime are my best finds. Lol. I am wondering how old it is though. Thanks

IMG_0221.JPGIMG_0223.JPG

My first thought was drain, but being from KS it could be a home made piece for farm equiptment, engine, etc.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure about the farm equipment or engine though. I'm in a suburb pretty close to Kansas City and it's a pretty big town. It's in the most populated county in the state. The area I live in used to be all woodlands, but was cleared out for housing. Fairly close to the Kaw, or Kansas river. That's about a mile away.

Upvote 0
Ah yeah. Does look like a meat grinder piece. I think that's more possible. I'll leave it unsolved for now in case anyone has any other answers. Thank you both.

Upvote 0
welcome to tnet the great finds will come the more you find the more you will detect the more you detect the bolder youll get with where you go then you will be hooked lol thanks for sharing your find

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Upvote 0
I live in Shawnee, KS. I found this in my yard. Doesn't appear to have very symmetrical holes but I'm thinking a drain. But it's pretty thick too. Can't really see where or if it even screwed in. Probably a piece of junk but I'm very new and so far this and a 1978 dime are my best finds. Lol. I am wondering how old it is though. Thanks

View attachment 1461601View attachment 1461602

What are its dimensions?

Upvote 0
It appears larger than the meat grinder plates that I have used but that was just a wild guess. It could also be something for seeds or fertilizer.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back