Jul 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
How thick is it? It looks like a 'turner" you would use it to turn a collar {or something} right side out. After you sew a corner, you poke that into the corner to turn it. The modern version is Dritz Point Turner and Seam Creaser for Sewing Products. I don't know if yours is strong enough, or thick enough. Of course, it could be something else entirely. It's really neato. I love old sewing stuff.

Upvote 0
Looks like one of those thing we use to get in a dime store sewing kit.

Upvote 0
Does other side look like it could have connected a couple of really thin wires at the tip? If so, probably a needle threader.
Slip the wire thru the eye the of needle and pull thread thru.

Upvote 0
Since it has one edge that's sharp, even though it doesn't look like what is used in modern times, I'm thinking it's a seam ripper, e.g. to cut stitches.

Upvote 0
I was thinking it might have been used for making button holes in fabric, but I tried quite a few searches with no positive results. Am still leaning that way, however. ...Which means that's probably what it "isn't"! :tongue3:

Upvote 0
Can you take a pic of other side ,I am leaning towards needle threader also if there was attaching points for wire.

Upvote 0
I tend to believe that it is used to cut V notches in clothing patterns before the patterns are sewn together.

Upvote 0
Would it be strong enough to pierce material or is it so thin that it bends easily. If it is a needle threader they were very thin and bent easily I think it would need some strength for other applications Google vintage needle threader you can see other examples of what I am talking about.

Upvote 0
It looks like a vintage needle threader that is missing the tiny threading wires. Are you saying it is embossed "pattened" or "patented?"

:)
Breezie
NeedleThreader.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back