cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard, one piece black plastic. Approximately 1 9/16" X 1 15/16" X 3/8" not counting the metal. Has 2 Allen head bolts? pins? but they don't hold anything. I haven't tried to remove them yet but the plastic they go into is one piece. The metal in the middle has what I would call a bail swivel (kinda like what a bucket would have, except smaller of course) on one side, and just a nub sticking through the other side. The hole it goes through is slotted and about 1/2" long, so, I assume it was meant to slide or be adjustable. The short edges are flat/smooth, the long edges have an angled V groove, like this piece was supposed to be mounted in a metal framework. The back side with the nub sticking through has 4 softer rubber inserts with a waffle type (non-skid?) Pattern on them. I believe they're glued into a slight recess in the hard plastic, but, I haven't tried to pry them out to be sure. Those 4 inserts stick up slightly above the surface of the hard plastic. Don't think it's worth anything, but, I haven't seen something like this before and thought I would ask all you brainiacs out there!

Attachments

• 100_1729.jpg
    100_1729.jpg
    902.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_1730.jpg
    100_1730.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_1731.jpg
    100_1731.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 68
I think it's a camera tripod piece, the piece that screws into the bottom of the camera and attaches to the top of the tripod.

ultraplate2.jpg511ARQAMmWL._SX425_.jpg

Here's what it would look like from the bottom, under the camera.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sure looks close! I'm trying to figure out how the Allen head bolts/pins/ would work? Maybe they come off and something mounts underneath them? Only thing I can figure as they don't do anything the way they are.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
It is definitely an ARCA quick release plate used to mount a camera to a tripod (or similar).
I have about a dozen of them, in various shapes and sizes.

Your's appears to be a Hawell Universal or Sunpak model given the 90-deg placement of the little rubber insert pads, but there are so many brands out there it is hard to tell anymore.
If you replaced the center screw (which is likely 1/4-20 thread) she'd be good as new. Usually machined out of single piece of aluminum and then anodized.

Value: About $10.

Upvote 0
Yes, somebody lost an important piece of their tripod and will not be happy!

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. This one looks solved! :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back