What is the name of this old farm equiptment part?

H

Holly_squirrel

image-2579735884.jpg

I think I wasted 2 hours digging down nearly 4 foot to remove one from my yard... Uhhgggggg. Once I started the loop got above ground level and I couldn't stop even if I wanted.. And the bent shape among rocks wedged it. It's an iron pole with a loop and stretched out the pole would be nearly 4 foot long. Is it at least from an antique tractor or something?

That's a pretty common configuration for a connecting rod. Name any piece of large farming equipment used in the last 100 years and you will probably find something like that on it.

Throw it in your scrap pile and chalk it up to experience.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
That's a pretty common configuration for a connecting rod. Name any piece of large farming equipment used in the last 100 years and you will probably find something like that on it.

Throw it in your scrap pile and chalk it up to experience.

DCMatt
And then a long soak in the bath, with some bath salts :icon_thumright:

SS

Upvote 0
take a few more pics from different angles. The handle has a screw gear which turns the other gear to adjust something( I can't see what). it looks like some sort of a PTO to the left of the picture.
I suggest a glass of your favorite beverage and a session in a hot tub to chiil after all the digging.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back