JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512422528.311447.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512422540.178693.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512422551.246907.jpg

I may be way off but it reminds me of an old tractor fuel pump

Upvote 0
I may be way off but it reminds me of an old tractor fuel pump

I think it is a Fuel Clean Out Bowl. Sediment could be dumped from the removable glass bowl.

Looking closer, it may be a combo pump and clean out bowl.

Upvote 0
Shown upside down but you have a old fuel pump and sediment bowl with a thumb screw clean out knob opener on the bottom attached to the wire. SkaBa/Indian Steve was correct.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks guys! What time period what is this used in?

Upvote 0
fuel filter - the junk would settle at the bottom of the glass bowl
think you have it upside down
screw dial should be at the bottom
- IMO
Brady

Upvote 0
Had one in the 70's on a diesel tractor. Sediment and water trap on the fuel line.

Upvote 0
That's a great relic You have an old area must me plenty more old relics there Tear it up!!Thanks for the post

Upvote 0
Water-seperator/sediment bowl for a tractor. When you see gunk or water in the bottom of the cup - dump it and start over.

I have a very similar one on my 1956 Ford 640. But the 1935 9N -2N - 8N & right on up used a similar one, too. Yours could be from one of dozens of tractor makes.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! What time period what is this used in?

If you clean it off a bit, you might be able to see the maker's mark on it. Probably industrial. It looks to have a priming lever on it.

Upvote 0
If you clean it off a bit, you might be able to see the maker's mark on it. Probably industrial. It looks to have a priming lever on it.

What would be the best way to clean an item like this?

Upvote 0
I was able to clean a bit off. I can see "U TYPE" MADE IN ENGLAND" "AC"

Upvote 0
It's not really worth anything, unless someone needs some pieces or is real desperate for a core to rebuild. You'd probably have to look at a lot of British engine fuel pumps to find a match and a possible buyer.

Upvote 0
It's not really worth anything, unless someone needs some pieces or is real desperate for a core to rebuild. You'd probably have to look at a lot of British engine fuel pumps to find a match and a possible buyer.

For me I'm more curious as to how old it is, so I can get a general idea of how old the area is.

Upvote 0
Most companies stopped making that style pump (the type with the glass sediment bowl) by the early 60's, but, some industrial applications still used it after that. I don't remember seeing any after the '70's. As for how early that pump could be.....My guess would be no earlier than the 1940's.

Upvote 0
Most companies stopped making that style pump (the type with the glass sediment bowl) by the early 60's, but, some industrial applications still used it after that. I don't remember seeing any after the '70's. As for how early that pump could be.....My guess would be no earlier than the 1940's.

Thanks !

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back