✅ SOLVED what is it???

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15280597162181714912545.jpg15280596655791536604000.jpg1528059645171-1952976538.jpg1528059608121142841112.jpg I found this yesterday it was deep, well over a foot down. It is made of copper or brass and slightly smaller than a quarter in diameter. Any ideas??

Kind of looks like this but older----untitled---elc.png

Upvote 0
i have never seen copper bx.... that was what i thought it was when i first pulled it from the ground i think it is something else though

Upvote 0
I think the technical term is "romex cable".

It's definitely not Romex, which is a trademarked brand of wire (not the enclosure the wires are in).

I also don't think is electrical conduit (of any kind).
It is split longitudinally, and if this were BX, Greenfield, Flex or anything else like that it would up-wrap like a spiral.

So, maybe it's just something decorative that is put on (wrapped around), due to a lack of access to the "object to be decorated's" ends (in which case, you would just slip it over with no need to cut it.)? Otherwise, IDK what it is??

Upvote 0
that is what i was thinking.... a sleeve that does over a wooden handle for strength

Upvote 0
Smokey, You're almost right. It's the outer sheath of Romex. It is used mostly (I think) in commercial electrical applications. I'm not an electrician but I believe it's purpose is to act as flexible conduit. Satisfies the requirement of protecting electrical wiring in conduit and allows for flexibility. Much easier than custom bending hard metal conduit.

Upvote 0
its not from wire romex or bx i have worked construction most my life and im very similar with all of that stuff. it isnt flexible and the outer sheath on bx is made of steel not copper like this.it is definetly not wire sheathing

Upvote 0
that is very close I think I can mark this one solved

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back