Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found in a vintage guitar case with some broken finger pics so I think it may be guitar related. What is it? Its metal, a bit corroded, and may have been plated at one time.
guitar case find.jpgguitar case find2.jpgguitar case find3.jpg

A finger slide ? Iv'e seen them made of glass tubes that go over you're finger - I've seen people use Bic lighters too .

Upvote 0
Or maybe it was used as a type of a reverse Capo - instead of pinching down the strings it could of be slipped under the strings in various locations on the fret to give it different sounds . seems like something Jimi Hendrix would use .

Upvote 0
It's a brass "nut" for the top of the guitar neck under the strings, it gives the guitar a tinny Hawaiian sound. Kinda like putting thumbtacks on piano hammers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was hoping it was a bridge from an antique guitar. Oh well at least its solved. thanks.

Upvote 0
Or maybe it was used as a type of a reverse Capo - instead of pinching down the strings it could of be slipped under the strings in various locations on the fret to give it different sounds . seems like something Jimi Hendrix would use .
Yea thats basically it but I think it slips under in only one place at the nut (very top).

Upvote 0
Ah OK. I thought it was some kind of a bridge at first because I never played lap steel. I thought maybe you missed the end of this thread. I believe this nut extender was aftermarket and not from the Gibson factory

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back