parkerDaPicker

Oct 20, 2013
palintine bridge ny
Detector(s) used
cheap ol gold digger works great
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FB_IMG_13819554041680244.jpg20131016_202811.jpg

i invested in a testing kit...with the silver acid it turn greenish brown .5000 ...what do u all think????:coffee2:

Hey Parker, I see this little guy is back up for discussion. I recommend the following to assist you...take front, back, top, side, and bottom photos to show details. Use a ruler in the pix to show size. Provide what kind of material he is carved from. He may be a Native American, post-Columbian period fetish. Other possibilities are a slave-trade related fetish, or a folk art piece. To be sure, you would have to go to your local university's archaeological department, to get the best answer. He is a great find, congrats. Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
thanks,and i have contacted the albany museum and they cant identify it...im stumped i deff will send pics to the nearest univeristy thou

Upvote 0
I guess we can't rule out Nordic or Scandinavian roots too, as those intrepid Vikings did cruise the eastern seaboard and mingle with the Natives...

Upvote 0
Whats that made of? I missed that part.

Upvote 0
siver and some kind of outher metals..i did acid test for siver and it turns greenish on the stone

Upvote 0
Green indicates copper or brass. It is not carved, it looks cast. Very cool artifact!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back