What is it? War Heros home

rbcumbee74

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this several days ago and it has me stumped. It's copper or brass, but on the front of it it looks as if it a seal was stamped on it in silver, but someone later tried to melt the silver off of it?? This was found at a revolutionary house of a very notable war hero here in sc. Any information would be great for the museum it's going to go to, thanks! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417320470.867103.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417320488.476038.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417330745.837055.jpg this is an enlarged photo, it appears to be a crown on top of something, possibly a lion???? The picture also shows where the silver was melted away.

Upvote 0
It made me think of a book or album clasp that once had an embellishment glued on it. Does the short side opposite the hole look like it may have had something broken off of it?

Attachments

• bookclasp5.jpg
    bookclasp5.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 92
  • bookclasp2.jpg
    bookclasp2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0
It doesn't appear as if it were broken off of anything, it's pretty smooth where it would have been connected to the hinge. I don't know, that's a pretty good idea and if I don't get any other responses then a book keep is what it'll be lol

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back