What is it? Rock, fossil, artifact?

bhays

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the forums and completely missed this forum and posted this under fossils but didn't know how to remove it from there. Anyway, I found this several years ago here in Arkansas on our family property. Found it along an old creekbed. Not sure what it is but looked really cool so I kept it. Ran across it the other day and had me interested in seeing what the experts say it is. I wear size 13 shoes for comparison sake. Thanks.
oddrock1.jpgoddrock2.jpg

Be a nice spot to hide a spare key outside :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I'm not an expert, but grew up with a grandfather who was a serious rock hound most of his life and I've been around North American Indian artifacts 40+ years.
Looks like a fairly common type of rock (in some places, especially creeks/rivers) that formed geologically speaking, around a softer sedimentary mass in the middle. When the harder outer rock is cracked or broken the inner softer portion begins to leach out. They can be found in all sizes and shapes.

Upvote 0
It's cool. I was just curious what it might be. It is still a neat looking rock. Kind of a conversation piece just because it looks odd even if it is not. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Finally somebody found big foot,vanzutphen I mean little foot.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back