Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys..

Found this while detecting an old site today. at first sight it appeared to be a screw bottle cap with a marble lodged into it. back says Lebrey 1-A I'm not 100 percent sure. I would appreciate the help. Also I am trying to find out how old the site is so if you an tell me about how old this piece is I would appreciate it as well. thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 247
I looked around found nothing I checked canes walking sticks knives nothing very interesting find though hope to find out what it is and how old

Upvote 0
ive got one that i found they were used on road signs and railroad sings

Upvote 0
Oh yah I remember them now tough to date your site off that they must have an extensive range of dates and uses

Upvote 0
Seems to me I've seen them in truck mud flaps. Also bicycles. ???

Upvote 0
I hit alot of antique stores on the road. One fella had a bunch of old railroad collectible stuff, I'm thinking he was in Chama New Mexico. He had a big X crossing sign with those reflective marbles in it. Many where missing and he also had a hefty price for it. As I was on the subject of these crossing signs he told me the reflectors have value and the best ones are the urainium glass ones. I asked are they like the green vaseline glass? If I recall he said some are green and some have a pale look, but both will glow with intensity under a black light. I'm sure that is what I was told. Find a black light and let us know what happens.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Isn't it, I feel the same way...

22595_thmb_everywhere.jpg

Upvote 0
Isn't it, I feel the same way...

22595_thmb_everywhere.jpg
I remember when as a child walking to school and roming along the RR track and busting bottles, seeing these glass refectors and old tail lights on the school buses, Stop signs, RR crossings all over in the suburban Chicago town I lived. They caught my eye way back then, This thread has reintroduced that memory of that time back in my mind. I think I'll begin a new focus on items to collect for myself. I've seen the refectors from the old buses and other types in the antique shops, but have just past them by, as I am a anything old nut, and collector of none. I imagine hitting the far off out in the country old auto salvage yards may be a good place to hunt for some of these things also? I'll call my collection, The Great American Utilitarian Masterpiece. That of course will be my sweetie and love of my life will see it as I do. "Not good odds there"

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back