Nov 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-26-12-53-37-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-26-12-53-37-1.png
    460.5 KB · Views: 102
How about pics of back side, maybe a close up

Any hallmarks or verbage engraved on back?

Where found may also provide clues...

Upvote 0
My guess off rip...
Without seeing back etc...
Picture frame.

BUT...
Leaning toward Victorian belt buckle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it'ssome type of hair clip because I had the teeth that was attached to the back that would stick in the hair. I found it but about 50 yards away from an old house from the 1800s. All that was left was some stones that outlines the foundation.

Upvote 0
Relics like this are generally having little value,especially having environmental damage....unless it is made of precious metals. Not to say all dug relics are to be viewed that way,like a rare buckle or Indian gorget. I try not to put values on neat little artifacts like this because the true value is in the history of the site it is found on, the persons who once used or owned the dug object, the story it helps to tell. If I were to try to evaluate the worth of the junk that I dig(that's what my wife calls it) then I would probably find less enjoyment in unearthing them. It all has a certain value that some may appreciate and others may not.Cool little hairpiece,nonetheless...worthy of being in a display with other "valuable"dug relics.

Upvote 0
Looks like an oversized Victorian sash buckle.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back