What is it, and/or where does it come from?

JimG

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone pointed me to this group. Can anyone tell me what this is, and more importantly where it originates. The closest I have come to an answer is a Japanese letter seal. Most important to me at this stage is what the symbol means and where I can find another like it to tell me where it comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found this in Western North Queensland with my metal detector and I cannot find the symbol anyone online so far. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20160709_182541.jpg
    IMG_20160709_182541.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20160709_185317.jpg
    IMG_20160709_185317.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 102
I should have said, the buckle, a Guyot French buckle from around the 1920s was found about 2 metres from the round object. It is the seal/button I am trying to identify. It is brass.

Upvote 0
Seems I've seen this design before (not meaning your other post), but for the life of me I can't remember where. Tried using Google image search but it keeps trying to use the edge of the piece as part of the design. I think if someone could highlight or draw separately the design that Google image search could find it easily. It "should" be a common design.

I tried highlighting the design, but am not used to using this PC yet for such things. I liked my old WinXP much better for that!

Upvote 0
Japanese letter seal.

I think I can say with a high degree of certainty that it is NOT a Japanese or Chinese character.

It looks more like a stylized anchor to me.

stamp.jpg

Upvote 0
I've got the button thingy. It was in Western and Eastern Treasure. It is one of two batteries for a early quack homeopathic cure all belt made by a company called Anchor. Two "batteries" that had no charge were said to produce energy waves to heal the body. At best it held your pants up.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back