Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found treasure today but not in the ground. The City just announced they received some federal funds to rebuild sidewalks throughout the city! It just so happens that the project coordinator is a good friend of mine! He tells me the sidewalks were originally built in the 1930's. Project begins this fall and he will keep me notified where and when work is being done. Is that a gift or what? Can't wait! Should be some goodies in store for me at last! JIM

Upvote 0
Good deal Jim!

Sounds like a "fun filled adventure" for sure!

HH

Lonewolfe

Can you say Silver? And Indians? You're going to be finding em' !!! Woohoo! So hang out at the contruction site with your buddy, get to know all the guys well and when they're on their breaks and lunch, it'll be your turn to go to work!
Sidewalk construction is the best!

What an oppurtunity, I hope you find something good. :o
Mchamby

Hey Jim......if you are lookin for some part time work to supplement your retirement....I hear the Chinese restaurant down on Admiral is looking for someone to help round up livestock....lol.....
Funny, Britches.? I bet they make great Cat Fu Yung.

Jimbo, I can't wait to see what you find this fall!? It should be great!

That's great news Jim. It will be nice hunting those sites this fall.
You won't have to dig out in the blazing hot sun of summer.
You lucky dog you! HH!

Go for it Jim! I bought my MD. just for that reason. After I got it I found out that I dont have what it takes to detect in front of someones house or business, My little town and another nearby have the main street and all sidewalks removed. I know that someday I will regret this as, this is choice hunting ground. It used to be the center of business for a wide area in the ole days, the only railroad,feedmills,taverns,dance hall ,churches,stores ect. around. I just know there is great old stuff down there, yup, I know I'll be kickin my ace around the block someday for missing this opportunity. I hope you find a bundle.

miester said:
Go for it Jim! I bought my MD. just for that reason. After I got it I found out that I dont have what it takes to detect in front of someones house or business, My little town and another nearby have the main street and all sidewalks removed. I know that someday I will regret this as, this is choice hunting ground. It used to be the center of business for a wide area in the ole days, the only railroad,feedmills,taverns,dance hall ,churches,stores ect. around. I just know there is great old stuff down there, yup, I know I'll be kickin my ace around the block someday for missing this opportunity. I hope you find a bundle.

Miester, what is it you " . . .didn't have to detect in front of someones house or business . ."?? Must have been a permit of some kind because I have used my ACE 250 to detect dug-up walks and drives and had decent luck with it. Don't pass up those areas just because you may think the ACE won't do the job. Chances like that don't come often. I found my first silver quarter under a dug up sidewalk about half a block from my front door.

Good hunting . . . .

Hobo

No, the Ace will do it, I mean I'll kick my a-s around someday for missing the opportunity to check this spot out. The ace is a coin finding fool. I'd buy another and I think my wife just might want one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back